Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED: That the Council:
(1) Designates the polling places and new polling stations as illustrated in the proposals attached as Appendix A to the report
(2) Instructs the Monitoring Officer to amend the Constitution (4.4.1 (q) & (b)(x)) to enable amendments to polling places and polling stations between compulsory reviews to be delegated to the Service Director: Legal and Community, in consultation with the Returning Officer, relevant ward Councillors and Group Leaders.
REASONS FOR DECISION:
(1) Through lack of availability or concerns about suitability, several polling stations previously designated are no longer viable options for use at upcoming elections.
(2) The Returning Officer must therefore identify suitable alternatives for the polling places and subsequent polling stations to be used.
(3) Recommendation 2.2 is for additional flexibility specifically to agree the polling station post Council meeting and generally where this situation arises between mandatory reviews and allows for relevant Member consultation when this arises.
Report author: Melanie Stimpson
Publication date: 14/02/2022
Date of decision: 10/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 10/02/2022 - Council