Decision Maker: Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RECOMMEND TO CABINET:
(1) Adopt the Vison, Objectives and Aims for managing Greenspace as detailed at 7.4 below.
(2) Review and adopt the Greenspace Management Strategy 2022-27 at Appendix A.
(3) Agree the delegation for creating an Action Plan arising from the GSMS and an annual review of the Action Plan to the Greenspace Manager in consultation with the Executive Member for Environment and Leisure and the Service Director - Place.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATIONS:
(1) These recommendations are put forward to ensure there is an ongoing proactive and pragmatic approach for the future management and maintenance of Greenspace within North Herts for the period April 2022 – March 2027.
(2) Additionally, the GSMS 2022 – 2027 provides the strategic link between the previous Greenspace strategies and the future demands placed upon North Herts District Council, specifically; managing the environment and biodiversity, finance and planning while delivering high quality greenspace services to our existing and newly developed infrastructure.
Report author: Andrew Mills
Publication date: 17/03/2022
Date of decision: 15/03/2022
Decided at meeting: 15/03/2022 - Overview and Scrutiny Committee