Decision Maker: Cabinet, Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
N.B. This item was considered in restricted session and therefore no recordings were available.
The Executive Member for Recycling and Waste Management presented the report entitled ‘Waste, Recycling and Street Cleansing Contract Design – Part 2’.
RECOMMENDED TO CABINET:
(1) Any changes to the service design identified in Appendix 2 of the report regarding waste and recycling service are referred back to Cabinet for approval.
(2) Any changes to the service design identified in Appendix 2 of the report regarding street cleansing service are referred back to Cabinet for approval.
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATION:
(1) The competitive dialogue procurement process allowed the Council to explore service design options which may present benefits to the Council. The process so far has identified that significant cost increases are likely from the waste, recycling and street cleansing services in the next contract.
(2) Officers have considered the initial offers from bidders and discussed opportunities for specification changes with them, which were aligned with the Council’s aims for high performance, but that will reduce the costs to the Council with minimal impacts on perceived performance.
(3) To ensure decisions were taken by elected representatives and not delegated to Officers.
Report author: Chloe Hipwood
Publication date: 08/11/2023
Date of decision: 07/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/11/2023 - Overview and Scrutiny Committee