Decision Maker: Overview and Scrutiny Committee
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RECOMMENDED TO CABINET: That the Overview and Scrutiny Committee recommend to Cabinet that the recommendations contained within the report entitled ‘Waste, Recycling and Street Cleansing Contract Service Design – Part 1’ be amended to:
(1) Any changes to the service design identified in paragraph 8.2 of the report regarding waste and recycling service are referred back to Cabinet for approval.
(2) Any changes to the service design identified in paragraph 8.2 of the report regarding street cleansing service are referred back to Cabinet for approval
REASONS FOR RECOMMENDATION:
(1) The competitive dialogue procurement process allows the Council to explore service design options which may present benefits to the Council. The process so far has identified that significant cost increases are likely from the waste, recycling and street cleansing services in the next contract.
(2) Officers have considered the initial offers from bidders and discussed opportunities for specification changes with them, which are aligned with the Council’s aims for high performance, but that will reduce the costs to the Council with minimal impacts on perceived performance.
(3) To ensure decisions are taken by elected representatives and not delegated to Officers.
Publication date: 08/11/2023
Date of decision: 07/11/2023
Decided at meeting: 07/11/2023 - Overview and Scrutiny Committee