Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
RESOLVED: That Cabinet approved:
(1) A Competitive Procedure with Negotiation (CPN) procedure for the procurement of the Leisure Management contract.
(2) The delegation of powers to the Director of Place in consultation with project board, in relation to decisions associated with the development of the procurement strategy.
(3) The letting of a 10-year contract with an option to extend by up to 5 years.
(4) The combining of the existing three contracts into a single contract, using the nationally recognised Sport England contract format, in order to secure economies of scale and to attract the most interest from the operator market.
(5) To continue with the principle of the existing contractual shared risk approach to utilities and maintenance.
REASONS FOR DECISIONS: the leisure management contract. expire on 31 March 2024. These recommendations ensure the procurement will be managed effectively to ensure the successful ongoing provision of leisure services in North Herts. The Procurement offers an opportunity to review the existing specification and provide a clear policy position on its approach to the future delivery of sports, leisure, physical activity and wellbeing across the district.
Publication date: 16/03/2023
Date of decision: 14/03/2023
Decided at meeting: 14/03/2023 - Cabinet