Venue: Rooms 2/3, District Council Offices, Gernon Road, Letchworth Garden City
Contact: Hilary Dineen (01462) 474353 Email: email@example.com
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence.
Members are reminded that any declarations of interest in respect of any business set out in the agenda, should be declared as either a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest or Declarable Interest and are required to notify the Chairman of the nature of any interest declared at the commencement of the relevant item on the agenda. Members declaring a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest must withdraw from the meeting for the duration of the item. Members declaring a Declarable Interest, wishing to exercise a ‘Councillor Speaking Right’, must declare this at the same time as the interest, move to the public area before speaking to the item and then must leave the room before the debate and vote.
(1) The Chairman welcomed those present at the meeting, especially those who had attended to give a presentation;
(2) The Chairman advised that, in accordance with Council Policy, the meeting would be audio recorded;
(3) The Chairman drew attention to the item on the agenda front pages regarding Declarations of Interest and reminded Members that, in line with the Code of Conduct, any Declarations of Interest needed to be declared immediately prior to the item in question.
To note the Terms of Reference for the Panel..
RESOLVED: That the Terms of Reference for the Cabinet Panel on the Environment be noted.
To receive petitions, comments and questions from the public including:
1. Baldock Beats Waste;
2. Climate Action Group;
3. Plastic Free Letchworth/Plastic Free Hitchin;
4. Best Before Café/Hitchin Food Rescue;
5. Herts Without Waste;
6. North Herts and Stevenage Climate Action Group.
Please note that two written submissions have been made and are included in the agenda:
John Webb, Herts Without Waste
Gilly Chegwyn, Climate Action Group
The Panel received presentation from the following organisations:
· Baldock Beats Waste;
· Climate Action Group;
· Plastic Free Letchworth and Plastic Free Hitchin;
· Best Before Café and Hitchin Food Rescue;
· Herts Without Waste;
· North Herts and Stevenage Climate Action Group;
· Transition Towns Letchworth.
INFORMATION NOTE OF THE POLICY AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
To consider the proposed Guidance, Work Programme and Action Tracker for 2019/20.
(1) That the proposed guidance be accepted;
(2) That the work programme be amended as follows:
Meeting 2 Planning (to include street lighting and decommissioning of solar farms);
Meeting 3 Transport, Travel and Air Quality;
Meeting 4 Waste, Recycling and Food Waste;
Meeting 5 Greenspaces and Bio-Diversity (to include trees and landscaping);
Meeting 6 Energy.
(3) That the proposed action tracker be approved.